Delaware Humanities offers three kinds of grants:
Opportunity Grants offer up to $3,000 for smaller projects or planning periods for larger projects. Applications can be submitted year-round, and while matching funds are required, matching can be waived in some circumstances.
Vision Grants are available from $3,001 – $15,000 for major humanities projects. Matching funds are required. The deadline for Vision Grant drafts for the Spring 2019 cycle has passed. Deadlines for the Fall 2020 cycle are Wednesday, October 2, 2019, for the rough draft, and Thursday, November 14, 2019 for the final draft. We will begin accepting applications in late August, 2019.
Full S.T.E.A.M. Ahead Grants
Full S.T.E.A.M. Ahead Grants can go up to $5,000. A component to DEstination: Space, these projects incorporate S.T.E.M. fields into humanities content. Matching funds are required. Applications can be submitted year-round.
While Delaware Humanities funds humanities projects which interpret or use art and performance to begin conversations, we do not fund projects focused on the creative and/or performing arts, and we do not offer grants to individuals. Delaware artists seeking grant information should visit the Delaware Division of the Arts.
Fall Cycle Vision Grants Awarded!January 30, 2020
Congratulations to all of our newly minted grantees – we awarded 7 Vision Grants, with funds totaling $68,750.00!
* Bowers Beach Maritime Museum: Bowers Beach Buccaneer Bash
* Delaware Historical Society: Women, Politics, and Activism Public Program Series
* Metropolitan Wilmington Urban League: Delaware Main Street Marshall Plan Speaker Series
* One Village Alliance: Girls Can Do Anything 2020!
* Choir School of Delaware: Brush Up Your Shakespeare
* The Colored Conventions Project/University of Delaware: Mary Ann Shadd Cary: Civil and Voting Rights Pioneer from Wilmington to Canada West
* The Delaware Contemporary: A Contemporary Centennial: Representation Today