ARP RECOVER and RENEW Grants for 2021-2022
Through the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) and the National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH), Delaware Humanities has funds available for redistribution to humanities-based organizations and Delaware organizations seeking support for humanities programming facing financial hardship due to COVID-19. Please see our ARPA specific guidelines and FAQ for details.
The application for RECOVER and RENEW Grants is also available as a pdf here.
- Organizations that have humanities in the core of their mission can apply for RECOVER General Operation Support, while organizations that do humanities programming/activities should apply for RENEW support.
- Organizations may only apply for ONE type of support. No match is required.
- A total of $20,000 may be requested for either type, but organizations may not receive the full amount requested.
- The period of performance for funding for RENEW Grants is on or before December 1, 2021 until November 30, 2022. All activities and expenses must take place during this time period. There will be no extensions allowed for RENEW programs or activities.
- The period of performance for RECOVER Grants is from the application date through November 30, 2022. There will be no extensions allowed for RECOVER support.
- We will continue to process and award Opportunity Grants throughout 2021 to qualified Delaware nonprofit organizations.
- Our supporters can best stay informed by visiting our website, signing up for our newsletter, or following us on Facebook and Instagram as our grant-making evolves to meet your unique needs as Delawareans.
- If you have specific questions about DE Humanities grant-making, please contact Erin, our Grants Officer via email at: email@example.com or by phone at: 302-657-0650 ext. 114.
Opportunity Grants offer up to $5,000 for smaller projects or planning periods for larger projects. Applications can be submitted year-round, and while matching funds are required, matching can be waived in some circumstances.
Vision Grants: (Paused for Spring 2021)
Vision Grants are available biannually from $3,001 – $15,000 for major humanities projects. Matching funds are required.