ENGAGE. EDUCATE. INSPIRE.
Who We Are
Delaware Humanities is Delaware’s independent, nonprofit affiliate of the National Endowment for the Humanities. Founded in 1973, Delaware Humanities provides educational and cultural opportunities to Delawareans through original programming and grants for non-profit organizations. Delaware Humanities helps Delawareans gain a deeper understanding of human identity, intellectual achievement, diverse cultures, and our shared heritage.
Our Role In Delaware
Delaware Humanities provides educational and arts outreach, special projects, and funding opportunities to bring Delawareans together. We connect cultural, educational, and civic institutions statewide to provide public events that enhance our understanding of who we are, where we’ve been, and where we are going as individuals, communities, and citizens of Delaware.
A Note From The Executive DirectorApril 1, 2020
Delaware Humanities COVID-19 MessageMarch 16, 2020
Delaware Humanities believes that public health and safety are top priorities.
With the growing prevalence of COVID-19, or Coronavirus, in Delaware, we are monitoring on a daily basis both federal and state guidance on how to minimize exposure to and spread of the virus. The health and peace of mind of our staff, board, partners, grantees, and program participants will guide our decision-making in the coming weeks.
We will post updates on our website. We will also keep our calendar up to date. We recommend that you periodically visit us here at our website and on our calendar of events for the latest information on the status of program and grant-supported events.
dhf.org No Longer AvailableMarch 12, 2020
ATTENTION: Delaware Humanities web and email communications will no longer be available at the domain dhf.org. As of now, ALL online communication and resources will utilize the domain dehumanities.org.
For Partners: All promotional materials referencing the Delaware Humanities website and contact information for our staff should use dehumanities.org.
Fall Cycle Vision Grants Awarded!January 30, 2020
Congratulations to all of our newly minted grantees – we awarded 7 Vision Grants, with funds totaling $68,750.00!
* Bowers Beach Maritime Museum: Bowers Beach Buccaneer Bash
* Delaware Historical Society: Women, Politics, and Activism Public Program Series
* Metropolitan Wilmington Urban League: Delaware Main Street Marshall Plan Speaker Series
* One Village Alliance: Girls Can Do Anything 2020!
* Choir School of Delaware: Brush Up Your Shakespeare
* The Colored Conventions Project/University of Delaware: Mary Ann Shadd Cary: Civil and Voting Rights Pioneer from Wilmington to Canada West
* The Delaware Contemporary: A Contemporary Centennial: Representation Today