Thomas Williams, C.P.A., Chair, Wilmington, DE
Amy Ferrer, Vice-Chair, Newark, DE,
Mark Murowany, Treasurer, Wilmington, DE
Kimeu Boynton, Dover, DE
Jianguo Chen, Newark, DE
Lucas Clawson, Wilmington, DE
Dennis Coker, Dover, DE
Adenike Davidson, Dover, DE
Stan Divorski, Lewes, DE
Jennifer Epler, Rehoboth Beach, DE
Brandon Harper, Wilmington, DE
Joan Hoge-North, Wilmington, DE
Alana King, Dover, DE
Sarah Trembanis, Dover, DE
Peter Zoll, Millsboro, DE
Black Lives Matter in DelawareJune 10, 2020
The killing of George Floyd has brought attention once again to systemic racial inequalities in America, and a lot has already been said. Rather than reiterate what so many in the Black community have been saying for generations, Delaware Humanities would instead like to place a spotlight on those voices in our state.
There is never a better time to listen to those most affected by the ongoing atrocity of racism and injustice. The humanities help us to understand what it means to be human. With such a wide array of human experiences across cultures and communities, the only way to truly understand is to engage in the learning process both actively and reflectively….
Delaware Humanities COVID-19 MessageMarch 16, 2020
Delaware Humanities believes that public health and safety are top priorities.
With the growing prevalence of COVID-19, or Coronavirus, in Delaware, we are monitoring on a daily basis both federal and state guidance on how to minimize exposure to and spread of the virus. The health and peace of mind of our staff, board, partners, grantees, and program participants will guide our decision-making in the coming weeks.
We will post updates on our website. We will also keep our calendar up to date. We recommend that you periodically visit us here at our website and on our calendar of events for the latest information on the status of program and grant-supported events.
Fall Cycle FY21 Vision Grants Awarded!January 30, 2020
Congratulations to all of our newly minted grantees – we awarded 7 Vision Grants, with funds totaling $68,750.00!
* Bowers Beach Maritime Museum: Bowers Beach Buccaneer Bash
* Delaware Historical Society: Women, Politics, and Activism Public Program Series
* Metropolitan Wilmington Urban League: Delaware Main Street Marshall Plan Speaker Series
* One Village Alliance: Girls Can Do Anything 2020!
* Choir School of Delaware: Brush Up Your Shakespeare
* The Colored Conventions Project/University of Delaware: Mary Ann Shadd Cary: Civil and Voting Rights Pioneer from Wilmington to Canada West
* The Delaware Contemporary: A Contemporary Centennial: Representation Today