Make a Request
Make a Request
How to Make a Request
PLEASE NOTE: Some programs are only for K-12 classrooms, some are not approved for classrooms, and some are for both–be sure to select the appropriate program for your audience/organization.
- Contact the speaker directly and arrange a date, time, and location for your program. Presentations are 60-75 minutes long (45-60 minute lecture, followed by time for audience questions), so please allow enough time for the program and questions at the end.
- Programs may be in-person or virtual depending on the Speaker.
- Create a free online account or login to your account here.
- Submit the online Speakers Request Form at least four weeks before your program date.
- Your application may be rejected if you’ve requested the same program twice in a six month time frame.
- Your application will be rejected if you have any outstanding paperwork or payments due to Delaware Humanities.
After Your Request & Before Your Event
- Wait for approval and the Grant Agreement from Delaware Humanities before advertising. Delaware Humanities pays the Speaker’s fee; your fee covers the administrative costs. Funding is limited and not all requests are approved.
- Read the Grant Agreement carefully and digitally sign prior to the program with co-payment ($75 for federally registered nonprofits, $150 for other organizations, and free for K-12 school classrooms. Check your nonprofit status, if you are unsure.). Failure to comply with the grant agreement will result in denial of future requests.
- Whether virtual or in-person, it is the responsibility of the host organization to communicate with the Speaker to learn their technological needs for the program. Delaware Humanities will not provide any technological resources or assistance.
- Promote your program! With some exceptions, these events must be free and open to the public.
- Distribute audience evaluations at the program. Provide the link to audience members to the digital evaluation for virtual programs.
After Your Event
- Return audience evaluations within one week to the Delaware Humanities office.
- Log in to your account and complete your Program Coordinator evaluation online.