Delaware Humanities has awarded grants to the following organizations during the second half of our 2018 fiscal year.
- Bowers Beach Maritime Museum, Bowers Beach Buccaneer Bash, $4,250
- Serviam Media, The Twin Poets: Art for Life, $15,000.00
- Lewes Public Library, Annual Shakespeare Festival, $8,737.00
- Greater Lewes Foundation, History Book Festival, $15,000.00
- Biggs Museum of American Art, The Next 25, $9,850.00
- One Village Alliance, Raising Kings, a series of events during Mentoring Month in January, centered on supporting and nurturing boys and young men of color, $15,000.00
- The League of Women Voters Education Fund, We’re the WE in We, the People, $5,800.00
- Immanuel Union United Methodist Church, Cultural Mapping at the Village of Fork Branch, $4,643.00
- University of Delaware Journalism Program, Front Page Café Series 2018-2019, $5,000.00
- Delaware Art Museum, For Freedoms Town Hall, $5,216.00
- Delaware Saengerbund, Germans in the American Revolution, $2,996.00
- Delaware Academy of Science, Iron Hill Museum Archaeology & Heritage Festival, $2,085.00
- Friends of Auburn Heights Preserve, Marshall Oral History Project, $2,500.00
- Milton Historical Society, Education and Kids Corner – Horseshoe Crab and Shorebird Festival, $500.00
- Delaware Center for Justice, Read In, Read Out, $3,000.00
- Delaware Art Museum, Wilmington Writers Conference, $2,750.00
- Delaware Division of Parks and Recreation, World War I Mobile Museum, $2,500.00
- Lenape Indian Tribe of Delaware, Lenape Heritage Month Celebration, $3,000.00
- Hagley Museum and Library, Brandywine Oral History Supplement for Advertising, $1,500
- Delaware Academy of Science, Iron Hill Powwow, $2,550
- Friends of Old Dover, Annie Jump Cannon Birthday Celebration, $3,000
Vision Grant Deadlines for Fall Cycle FY19September 12, 2018
ATTENTION prospective applicants for Delaware Humanities Grants:
Drafts for the Vision Grant Fall Cycle are DUE by Tuesday, October 2, 2018.
Final Drafts are Due Wednesday, November 14, 2018.
A rough draft is required for Vision Grants.
6 Questions for Executive Director Michele AnstineSeptember 12, 2018
Now approaching her 90th day at Delaware Humanities, get to know ED Michele Anstine
2019 New Speakers and ProgramsSeptember 12, 2018
In the 2019 fiscal year (November 1, 2018 through October 31, 2019), two new speakers and five new programs will be available for request. Remember to wait until after October 1, 2018…