Delaware Humanities has awarded grants to the following organizations during the past eight months of our 2019 fiscal year.
- Bowers Beach Maritime Museum, Bowers Beach Buccaneer Bash, $5,000
- The Delaware Contemporary, Immanent Realm: Light, Image, Sound, $7,450.00
- Delaware Theatre Company, Delaware Young Playwrights Festival, $13,908.00
- Joshua M. Freeman Foundation, Rightfully Hers, $10,495.00
- Opera Delaware, Community Conversations (Exploring the Arts through Humanities) and Inside Opera Live, $11,440.00
- The Choir School of Delaware, A Royal Affair: Music Created for or Commissioned by the British Monarchy, $12,120.00
- The University of Delaware, The First People of the First State: Restoring our Ancestral Knowledge, $13,161.00
- Greater Lewes Foundation, History Book Festival 2019, $15,000.00
- Delaware Theatre Company, Delaware Young Playwrights Festival, $15,000.00
- Delaware Art Museum, Picturing Beauty: Celebrating Real Women, $3,850.00
- Cab Calloway Foundation, Yorklyn Storytelling Festival, $15,000.00
- Berkana Center for Media and Education, First State, First Step: Delaware to the Moon, $15,000.00
- Lewes Public Library, 4th Annual Shakespeare Festival, $14,014.00
- One Village Alliance, Raising Kings 2020, $15,000.00
- Rehoboth Art League, Gallery Talks, $2,680.00
- Delaware Shakespeare, Merry Wives of Windsor Weekend Intensive, $1,450.00
- Delaware Art Museum, Mirrors and Windows: Diversity in Children’s Literature, $925.00
- Delaware Academy of Science, Iron Hill Museum Archaeology & Heritage Festival, $2,555.00
- Greater Harrington Historical Society, Memorial Day Celebration, $1,000.00
- City of Harrington, 41st Annual Harrington Heritage Day, $3,000.00
- Laurel Historical Society, Children’s Artwork Scanning Project, $2,550.00
- Delaware Art Museum, Wilmington Writers’ Conference, $2,325.00
- League of Women Voters of Delaware, We’re the WE in We, The People: Segment 11: “The 19th Amendment”, $1,700
- Delaware Africa Coalition, 2nd Annual Taste of Africa, $3,000.00
- Delaware Community Foundation, Building Opportunity Book Circles, $2,950.00
- Pacem in Terris, Peace Week Delaware Kick off, $3,000.00
- Iron Hill Museum, Iron Hill Powwow, $2,750.00
- Bowers Beach Maritime Museum, Bowers Heritage Day, $2,400.00
- University of Delaware Museums, Library, and Press, My Art Speaks for Both My Peoples, $3,000.00
- Milton Historical Society, Walking into Greatness: Bryan A. Stevenson Public Programs, $3,000.00
Full S.T.E.A.M. Ahead Grants
A Note From The Executive DirectorApril 1, 2020
Delaware Humanities COVID-19 MessageMarch 16, 2020
Delaware Humanities believes that public health and safety are top priorities.
With the growing prevalence of COVID-19, or Coronavirus, in Delaware, we are monitoring on a daily basis both federal and state guidance on how to minimize exposure to and spread of the virus. The health and peace of mind of our staff, board, partners, grantees, and program participants will guide our decision-making in the coming weeks.
We will post updates on our website. We will also keep our calendar up to date. We recommend that you periodically visit us here at our website and on our calendar of events for the latest information on the status of program and grant-supported events.
dhf.org No Longer AvailableMarch 12, 2020
ATTENTION: Delaware Humanities web and email communications will no longer be available at the domain dhf.org. As of now, ALL online communication and resources will utilize the domain dehumanities.org.
For Partners: All promotional materials referencing the Delaware Humanities website and contact information for our staff should use dehumanities.org.
Fall Cycle Vision Grants Awarded!January 30, 2020
Congratulations to all of our newly minted grantees – we awarded 7 Vision Grants, with funds totaling $68,750.00!
* Bowers Beach Maritime Museum: Bowers Beach Buccaneer Bash
* Delaware Historical Society: Women, Politics, and Activism Public Program Series
* Metropolitan Wilmington Urban League: Delaware Main Street Marshall Plan Speaker Series
* One Village Alliance: Girls Can Do Anything 2020!
* Choir School of Delaware: Brush Up Your Shakespeare
* The Colored Conventions Project/University of Delaware: Mary Ann Shadd Cary: Civil and Voting Rights Pioneer from Wilmington to Canada West
* The Delaware Contemporary: A Contemporary Centennial: Representation Today