May 14, 2019
Program and Administrative Assistant
Full-time with benefits
As a member of the staff of Delaware Humanities, you are responsible for ensuring that all of your professional activities are advancing the mission and vision. Individually and collectively, the staff will be responsible for the success of each goal set by the institution.
Individual Responsibilities to the Staff:
- Advance the mission of the organization through exploration and application of the humanities;
- Utilize your strengths to support the goals of all staff members;
- Dedicate the time necessary to get your personal and the institutional goals accomplished;
- Act as an ambassador for the organization and the mission in the community.
Mission Fulfillment Division Responsibilities:
The primary objective of this group is to create opportunities for the public to engage in and be inspired by the humanities. Specific responsibilities include selecting and incorporating appropriate NEH or state humanities programs, developing original programming, and overseeing successful program series and yearly programs already in place that support the Delaware Humanities mission; evaluating program and program series success; developing, implementing, and evaluating re-grant programs; writing grant proposals to support both programs and re-grants; long-range planning in support of the Council’s strategic plan.
Individual Responsibilities to Your Work Group:
- Assists with Programs and special events by coordinating logistics, processing all Speakers program requests, creating and printing programs/evaluations/etc., transcribing evaluations, and other duties as assigned.
- Assists with Grant award management, prepares award packets, prints forms and materials, and creates and updates grant files.
- Develops content for and maintains Delaware Humanities website; manages social media platforms; manages Delaware Humanities “info” e-mail account.
- Manages e-mail marketing system and the organization’s supporter database; coordinates letters and mailings to donors.
- Participates in development of marketing plan and annual report.
- Designs basic print and online collateral, including program postcards, short publications, and event invitations and signage, that promote the Delaware Humanities, its programs, and re-grant programs and projects as communicated by supervising staff.
- Assists with basic media relations, including writing press releases and statements, maintaining media lists, and collecting media mentions; identifies and establishes partnerships with constituency groups for targeted program marketing.
- Acts as primary point of contact for visitors to the Delaware Humanities’ offices and for phone inquiries.
- Checks and distributes mail.
- Keeps office supplies organized and stocked and maintains office equipment.
- Maintains contacts lists and prepares mass mailings.
- Works with vendors and schedules and organizes meetings.
- Coordinates communications to Council members and serves as point of contact for Council officers, committee chairs, and other Council members regarding general Council business.
- Maintains organizational documents and server files.
- Assists in general duties as directed.
- Working knowledge of office equipment, such as printers and fax machines.
- Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Expertise in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- 1-2 years of experience as an office administrative assistant or event coordinator.
- Experience in graphic design (creating posters, images for social media use, etc.) not required but would be beneficial to the position.
Please submit your cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com.
Use as subject line of email “Program and Administrative Assistant Application.”
Application review will begin June 1, 2019.
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.