Delaware Humanities is offering a Lending Library, from which book discussion groups, classroom teachers, and other groups can borrow multiple copies of a book title at a time or a single documentary DVD.
The PDFs below contain the instructions for borrowing, the request form, and the list of the entire book and DVD collection. This program is provided in partnership with the Delaware Libraries. Anyone making a request must have a valid Delaware Library card and account in good standing.
Please contact us with any questions.
This program is free to Delaware library card holders due to generous support from the Delaware Libraries, the Pulitzer Centennial Campfires Initiatives, and the Andrew Mellon Foundation.
A Note From The Executive DirectorApril 1, 2020
Delaware Humanities COVID-19 MessageMarch 16, 2020
Delaware Humanities believes that public health and safety are top priorities.
With the growing prevalence of COVID-19, or Coronavirus, in Delaware, we are monitoring on a daily basis both federal and state guidance on how to minimize exposure to and spread of the virus. The health and peace of mind of our staff, board, partners, grantees, and program participants will guide our decision-making in the coming weeks.
We will post updates on our website. We will also keep our calendar up to date. We recommend that you periodically visit us here at our website and on our calendar of events for the latest information on the status of program and grant-supported events.
dhf.org No Longer AvailableMarch 12, 2020
ATTENTION: Delaware Humanities web and email communications will no longer be available at the domain dhf.org. As of now, ALL online communication and resources will utilize the domain dehumanities.org.
For Partners: All promotional materials referencing the Delaware Humanities website and contact information for our staff should use dehumanities.org.
Fall Cycle Vision Grants Awarded!January 30, 2020
Congratulations to all of our newly minted grantees – we awarded 7 Vision Grants, with funds totaling $68,750.00!
* Bowers Beach Maritime Museum: Bowers Beach Buccaneer Bash
* Delaware Historical Society: Women, Politics, and Activism Public Program Series
* Metropolitan Wilmington Urban League: Delaware Main Street Marshall Plan Speaker Series
* One Village Alliance: Girls Can Do Anything 2020!
* Choir School of Delaware: Brush Up Your Shakespeare
* The Colored Conventions Project/University of Delaware: Mary Ann Shadd Cary: Civil and Voting Rights Pioneer from Wilmington to Canada West
* The Delaware Contemporary: A Contemporary Centennial: Representation Today