The Grant Application Process – fully online!
- Determine your organization’s eligibility and type of grant best suited to your project. If you’re curious about the application itself before you create a log-on, it can be downloaded here. Please contact the Grant Officer if you have questions.
- Create a logon here, and follow the steps to fill out your application.
- The Grant Officer reviews the applications for completeness and compliance with the grant guidelines and distributes the applications to the Application Review Committee (ARC). The ARC makes recommendations to the Board of Directors for Vision grants. Opportunity grant decisions are made by the Executive Director, the Chair of ARC, and a Board member living in the grantee’s county.
- Vision Grant awards follow an established timeline, with final notification coming after the Board meetings in June and January. Opportunity Grant notifications typically require 30 days for submission, review by ARC, followed by the notification of the applicant.
**UPDATE: Due to Covid-19’s impact, we are extending our Spring Vision Grant deadline to allow applicants more time to get assistance with their applications. Therefore, the Vision Grant Rough Drafts will be due Wednesday, October 2, 2019 by 11:59 p.m. The Final Drafts for that Fall Cycle FY20 will be due Thursday, November 14, 2019 by 11:59 p.m.
A Note From The Executive DirectorApril 1, 2020
Delaware Humanities COVID-19 MessageMarch 16, 2020
Delaware Humanities believes that public health and safety are top priorities.
With the growing prevalence of COVID-19, or Coronavirus, in Delaware, we are monitoring on a daily basis both federal and state guidance on how to minimize exposure to and spread of the virus. The health and peace of mind of our staff, board, partners, grantees, and program participants will guide our decision-making in the coming weeks.
We will post updates on our website. We will also keep our calendar up to date. We recommend that you periodically visit us here at our website and on our calendar of events for the latest information on the status of program and grant-supported events.
dhf.org No Longer AvailableMarch 12, 2020
ATTENTION: Delaware Humanities web and email communications will no longer be available at the domain dhf.org. As of now, ALL online communication and resources will utilize the domain dehumanities.org.
For Partners: All promotional materials referencing the Delaware Humanities website and contact information for our staff should use dehumanities.org.
Fall Cycle Vision Grants Awarded!January 30, 2020
Congratulations to all of our newly minted grantees – we awarded 7 Vision Grants, with funds totaling $68,750.00!
* Bowers Beach Maritime Museum: Bowers Beach Buccaneer Bash
* Delaware Historical Society: Women, Politics, and Activism Public Program Series
* Metropolitan Wilmington Urban League: Delaware Main Street Marshall Plan Speaker Series
* One Village Alliance: Girls Can Do Anything 2020!
* Choir School of Delaware: Brush Up Your Shakespeare
* The Colored Conventions Project/University of Delaware: Mary Ann Shadd Cary: Civil and Voting Rights Pioneer from Wilmington to Canada West
* The Delaware Contemporary: A Contemporary Centennial: Representation Today